Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Stuffed Shells

I used to make these with spinach instead of broccoli but lately the frozen spinach has been tasting kind of off to me so I decided to substitute broccoli and I think I actually like this version better. This recipe has been adapted to serve two so just double it if cooking for more people.


  • 8 pasta shells
  • 1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
  • 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
  • 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
  • Cooked broccoli (I used leftover from previous nights dinner)
  • Salt and pepper

Cook pasta shells in boiling water until softened but not cooked all the way through. Set aside and let cool slightly. Mix ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, broccoli, and salt & pepper in a small bowl. Fill shells evenly with mixture and place in baking dish. Cover with spaghetti sauce. Bake in oven for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.


Approximately 220 calories in 4 stuffed shells.

No comments:

Post a Comment