Friday, May 13, 2011

Pizza Soup

The original recipe is from A Year of Slowcooking and has been adapted somewhat below. It's a very hearty soup by itself but my hubby likes it with extra pasta in it so sometimes I add a little more for him. Instead of adding the sausage seasoning, I think it may be good with hot (spicy) sausage. May have to try that next time I make this!


  • 1 jar of pizza sauce
  • 3 empty jars full of water
  • 1 green bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 can diced tomatoes
  • 1 package sausage, cooked and drained
  • 1 cup sliced pepperoni, quartered
  • 1/2 - 1/3 cup of pasta (I like to use ABC pasta since it's small)
  • 1 Tbsp sausage seasoning
  • 1 Tbsp pizza seasoning
  • Shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions:
Cook sausage in skillet until done, drain, and return to skillet. Add the sausage seasoning and continue to cook a few minutes longer, then add to slow cooker. Pour in the pizza sauce and the 3 jars full of water. Add the green bell pepper, tomatoes, and pepperoni. Add the pizza seasoning. Mix together and cook on low for 6-8 hours. About 30 minutes before you're ready to eat, add the pasta and turn slow cooker on high. When pasta is done, add soup to bowls and top with mozzarella cheese.

(I buy my sausage seasoning and pizza seasoning from Penzey's Spices)

No comments:

Post a Comment